We are a group of comics artists and communications experts who specialise in turning complex and abstract (and potentially boring) information into highly shareable visual stories that are easy to understand and remember.
Our clients use our stories for internal initiatives and external marketing (especially content marketing).
Our service consist of two parts. It’s up to you to decide if you want both parts or just one of them:
We want our visuals to bring you real results. This is why we prefer to do the think as well as the ink. The strategy part consists of following services:
- Helping you to define a measurable goal
- Defining the audience
- Choosing the right channels
- Preliminary concept development (story and rough visuals)
Visual work + copyediting & copywriting
- Narrative infographic(s) (online or print) – when you need to communicate complex topics/processes
- PowerPoint presentations (for live presentations or as online content using Slideshare – see an example of a Slideshare PPT)
- Cartoons - i.e. single panel comic (online or print) – when you need to grab people’s attention
- Comics - when you need to communicate complex topics/processes
- Layout and design for printed booklets, leaflets etc
We also offer:
- Graphic recording and sketchnoting
- Rich pictures – if you need to explore an idea or a problem for example in a workshop setting
Questions? Drop Virpi a line at virpi(at)businessillustrator.com. If you want to order visual content you can also fill in this short form.
Who we are
Virpi has worked as an online producer and campaigner for nonprofits for almost 10 years. She’s also worked as a journalist and a comics artist. She’s got a Master’s degree in political sociology from London School of Economics, but she also studied in the Aalto University Media Lab (playground for entrepreneurial geeks).
Contact details: virpi(at)businessillustrator.com
Richy has worked as a comics artist and illustrator for many years. He wrote the Wallace & Gromit newspaper strip from Titan Comics and the famous Aardman animation studio. He likes creating rich pictures and in his free time draws Lucy the Octopus online comic strip.
Darryl has written and drawn several comic books about complex topics related to natural sciences and economics. He has authored critically acclaimed books including Science tales and Psychiatric tales. He is currently working on a comic book on the financial crisis of 2008