We are a group of visual storytellers who specialise in turning complex (and potentially boring) information into highly shareable visual stories that are easy to understand and remember. In other words they make a potentially cold topic a bit more human.
Our clients use our stories for communicating internal initiatives (for example: new strategy, change initiative etc) as well as in external marketing. In marketing projects we often team up with graphic designers if the client wants as slicker look and feel. See example.
We are very much about doing the think as well as the ink. We can execute your idea but we are at our best when we get to come up with ideas and develop stories (in collaboration with you, of course).
- Narrative infographic(s) (online or print) – when you need to communicate complex topics/processes
- Cartoons - i.e. single panel comic (online or print) – when you need to grab people’s attention
- Comics - when you need to communicate complex topics/processes
- PowerPoint presentations (an example of an illustrated PowerPoint presentation)
- Layout and design for printed booklets, leaflets etc (when part of a visual storytelling project)
Copywriting and copy editing is included.
We also offer:
- Graphic recording and live sketchnoting - examples of iPad sketchnotes
- Rich pictures – if you need to explore an idea or a problem for example in a workshop setting
Questions? Drop Virpi a line at virpi(at)businessillustrator.com. If you want to order visual content you can also fill in this short form.
Who we are
Virpi has worked as an online producer and campaigner for nonprofits for almost 10 years. She’s also worked as a journalist and a comics artist. She’s got a Master’s degree in political sociology from London School of Economics, but she also studied in the Aalto University Media Lab (playground for entrepreneurial geeks).
Contact details: virpi(at)businessillustrator.com
Richy has worked as a comics artist and illustrator for many years. He wrote the Wallace & Gromit newspaper strip from Titan Comics and the famous Aardman animation studio. He likes creating rich pictures and in his free time draws Lucy the Octopus online comic strip.
Darryl has written and drawn several comic books about complex topics related to natural sciences and economics. He has authored critically acclaimed books including Science tales and Psychiatric tales. He is currently working on a comic book on the financial crisis of 2008